skip navigation
Department of Liquor Licenses and Control
Agency Name Arizona's Official Web Site

Homeowner's Association & Retirement Community Handbook

When a homeowner's association or senior living community wish to provide liquor to their residents, a liquor license is required. The same statutes/rules apply to senior living communities that apply to homeowner's association-run properties.

The residents of either HOA-run properties or senior living communities may provide their own liquor at their residence and in common areas of the property. The HOA, property managment company, or business owner of the community may not provide liquor to the residents without a liquor license.

Businesses located on the HOA property or senior living communities may allow patrons to bring their own liquor onto the premises when the criteria outlined in Arizona Adminstrative Code R19-1-324 are met.

Industry Advisory for Homeowner's Association